Autor Thema: monthly check in guys and gals!!!!  (Gelesen 195726 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
monthly check in guys and gals!!!!
« Antwort #330 am: Mai 29, 2006, 07:13:16 Vormittag »
Never mind the weather - our very own Trollmaiden 4 Metal is coming down to the headquarters! :D

What is up: Life's being nice to me lately. Work is okay, load about bearable, private life is niiiiiice ;) and I got back to doing sports twice a week again. Last week I did 1 hour on tuesday and 3,5 hours (!) of martial arts on friday. Took up the Katana (or the Bokuto for practising, of course) a few weeks ago (Kenjutsu) and tried Wing Chun and Inosanto Kali for the first time last week.

The guy who instructed Wing Chun was a monster! Long hair, beard and phascinating eyes; clear and quick and sympathetic. His body looking like Schwarzenegger on steroids or something - a machine with lethal knowledge of martial arts... phew... ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #331 am: Mai 30, 2006, 08:41:43 Vormittag »
supi all. just wanted to check in and tell every one that after the rollover accident I was in every thing is doing ok for me,... am back in oklahoma and things are well,. miss and love you all so just want to check in and say whats up and give all a big metal sign so here it goes.. \m/ peace..

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #332 am: Mai 31, 2006, 01:54:59 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
Never mind the weather - our very own Trollmaiden 4 Metal is coming down to the headquarters! :D

Yes in deed I´m finally coming up there ;)

Cecilia

• Gast
« Antwort #333 am: Mai 31, 2006, 03:06:36 Nachmittag »
Wow, Feb was my last "monthly check in"?

Things are pretty much the same. I'm still going back and forth between NY & NJ. My Aunt is doing well. Her last chemo treatment is this friday, and then she has a few weeks of radiation. I can't believe how fast the months have gone.

My Aunt's sister was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctors give her no more than two years to live. It's very sad.  :cry:

What have I been up to? Enjoying my vacation. I've gone to a few concerts and a few band gigs. I saw Opeth for the second time in February. I also saw Dream Theater for my fourth and fifth times in March & April. Tonight I'm going to see Amazing Journey, which is The Who tribute (see pic).

I haven't really traveled very much. In February I went to Boston, Mass for the weekend with a friend. It was pretty fun to see the city and stuff.

In April, I took the biggest trip that I have ever taken alone. I flew from New Jersey to Chicago, to Nevada to meet my best friend and my new boyfriend. I'm also taking my dogs and we're moving there in August. I'll be working and hopefully going back to college in January to become a teacher! I could not be any happier, My smile never fades.  :D

As if this wasn't enough good news, my sister in law is pregnant and due October 17th. I have another nephew on the way! Also, my eldest sister is pregnant and due December 12th. She's not going to tell us the sex of the baby until it's born.

Alright, that's all the news to print.  :D

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #334 am: Juni 02, 2006, 08:53:45 Vormittag »
glad to hear that things are well for people here on the boards.. as for me I am at a flying J truck stop in ogden utah atm driving a friend of mines big truck.. will have pics of the trip for you all soon.. what an awsome rig this is that I am driving.. he has been trying to talk me into buying his truck and go into business for myself even though I am back into business for myself again already atm with my old CB shop.... though this is very tempting.... any ways talk to you all laters. take care and glad to hear all is well..

@Steph... even though w have had our diferences and wonderful things to share in our pasts with each other that have not always turned to be the best. I just want to tell yu that I am very happy that things are well for you most of all.. you dserve hapieness in what ever you decide to do... though I will always love you for what we had.. I will hope that you will find and for ever have better. you deserve it babes... huggles...

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #335 am: Juni 02, 2006, 11:14:51 Nachmittag »
I just recorded Walking In The Air. Honestly, even though it's a bit rough, I actually believe that your ears WON'T bleed if you listen to it! There are some minor timing troubles, and the ending is rather weak, but I've been working on the song for awhile, and I just decided "Hell, that's good enough." Later, when I have time, I'll go back and fix the timing problems and the ending in Audacity.

Enjoy! (I really hope you do!)
www.myspace.com/joandesireejohnson

Oh yeah, Sleeping Sun is on there, too.  And I removed Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again because out of the three I recorded in a studio, that one was the worst.  BLECH.

Other than that...I started therapy last week annnnnnnnnnnd...been spending alot of time with my horse.  And I'm hungry.

And everyone else: YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.  Because I said so.  My predictions always come true. ;)  (can't hurt, can it? hee!)

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #336 am: Juli 14, 2006, 02:30:03 Nachmittag »
Life for me right now sucks... take my advise. dont ever buy a vehicle with 4 wheel drive and abuse it.. I will take pics of the inside of  me rear end and show you what happens when you swamp around in the river and mud and then dont clean out the diff gear housings... it looks like something from a world war II masacre..... *OUCH*  :shock:

Other then that things are well besides the fact that Im not going to make it to Moab Utah now... ARGH***** oh well so much for this years trip...

@ Angel... glad to hear that things are becoming on the up and up for ya.. enjoy riding your horse.. at least it doesnt need tune ups and oil changes LOL.....

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #337 am: August 01, 2006, 08:23:42 Nachmittag »
August is here - check!

Work is okay, the rest of time is consumed by friends and girl-friend. Many activities, so life is pretty nice, although at times it feels "busy". After all I don't have much time for the boards, as you might have noticed. ;)

Cecilia

• Gast
« Antwort #338 am: August 02, 2006, 05:11:52 Nachmittag »
Hey guys!

I've been real busy.

In June I moved back home. Since then it's just been one thing after another.

In July, my boyfriend flew to visit me (I went to visit him in April). There are rumors of an engagement in the future.

I have a nephew due in October, and a nephew or niece due in December. My sister who lives at home is engaged, and will be married in November of 2007.

I finally got my driving learner's permit, so I'm going to take classes to learn to drive.

I'm going back to school in January.

And, we're in the middle of a heat wave.

Offline Kruemel

• B4M Crew
  • Active Metalhead
  • Augen zu und durch
« Antwort #339 am: August 10, 2006, 06:57:57 Nachmittag »
After some... eh...  A LOT of hot months with the best summer wheather, we're right now in a cloudy and rainy zone....  :(  That's awful!  So I hope that it will be better next week, when 4  human beings from the Bleeding-Crew (Opa Steve, Devin-Addict, Lestat and myself) visit the SUMMERBREEZE Festival :!:  :!:

At work there is a lot to do... that's "normal" during the summer months, when nearly everybody has its holidays....I had mine (with Opa Steve) last month in Greece. Tooooo long ago :wink:
Now we're waiting fot the next holidays in the hope that they will come very fast!!!

Anything else? Hmm. everything's quite alright...
I always bleeeeeed for metal

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #340 am: August 11, 2006, 10:02:57 Nachmittag »
Let's see...this month I will be starting graduate school.  New place, new appartment, new friends (hopefully!)

Also, I updated my music site on Myspace.  I fixed Sleeping Sun and Walking in the Air  www.myspace.com/joandesireejohnson   Your ears won't bleed *quite* so much now.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #341 am: August 12, 2006, 01:08:37 Nachmittag »
At the end of this month (29th) I will finally make it to Corfu! :D

For four days only, but travelling alone isn't that much fun anyway, I think, so at least I will hook up with Dimitris for two days or so and we will rock out some good time. :)

In other news I sold my bike... wasn't that easy, but finally I got a medium good amount of euros for it. The condition wasn't too good... had been standing out in the wet and cold for too long in the past. :(

Forsaken

• Gast
« Antwort #342 am: August 23, 2006, 11:54:50 Nachmittag »
hey guys,
i came back for a short visit...

i forgot all about this site... im sorry... but im in contact with dimi and that'll cover it i belive ;)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #343 am: August 24, 2006, 03:44:35 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "Forsaken"
hey guys,
i came back for a short visit...

i forgot all about this site... im sorry... but im in contact with dimi and that'll cover it i belive ;)

And me!  You and Dimitris are both on my Myspace. :)

Forsaken

• Gast
« Antwort #344 am: August 24, 2006, 07:27:51 Vormittag »
yes but you're not talking !  :(