Autor Thema: monthly check in guys and gals!!!!  (Gelesen 194903 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Re: monthly check in guys and gals!!!!
« Antwort #570 am: Mai 25, 2009, 09:20:12 Nachmittag »
This sounds like some REALLY BAD LUCK. :(
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #571 am: Juni 15, 2009, 12:13:59 Vormittag »

Okay, after tonight I promise I'll never complain that I never get lucky! I came home from work at 8ish pm, started to prepare some dinner and saw that a school mate had called... I was tired, so I thought I'd call her tomorrow, but for some reason changed my mind... and thank god I did! I called her, and she offered me two tickets to Metallica's concert tonight that was sold out ages ago!! I'm so damn happy I got to see them live even this one time, and they so rocked the place! Yay! :D  :bangersmiley: And yep, they played all the killer songs, and all the good songs from the new album... I bet I won't stop smiling for at least two weeks! :D

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #572 am: Juni 15, 2009, 08:10:55 Vormittag »

Congrats Virva :D
Seems like they played an awesome gig!

I couldn't get too much out of their show in May in Vienna.
That center stage thing didn't do anything for me. It looked good on the Cunning Stunts dvd, but seeing that stage concept live was a bit of a downer.

Well, I'm gonna see them again this Friday at the Novarock Festival ;)
Let's see how that one turns out.

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #573 am: Juni 15, 2009, 11:00:18 Vormittag »
It was really awesome! I was kinda afraid, that they would just come and play, but they were really energetic, moving around the stage all the time and making funny comments between the songs and during them too :D I absolutely loved it, and hope that I'll someday get another chance to see them live... They do come to Finland rather often, but the tickets are always sold out in like 20 minutes :(

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #574 am: Juli 24, 2009, 05:25:27 Nachmittag »
I'm single again.  Yes, it is rather sudden.  No, I'm not doing well.  I feel kind of shattered.  Eventually I'll stop feeling so bad, but I don't know when.  Hopefully soon.

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #575 am: Juli 24, 2009, 07:23:45 Nachmittag »

:-\ :( :icon_cry:

I wish you all the strength and positivity in the world, dear Angel!

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #576 am: Juli 25, 2009, 03:48:20 Nachmittag »
Oh, what the...?! From the distance this is sudden indeed. Hold your head up high, I'll send some nordic strength as well.  :tup:

Avricha

• Gast
« Antwort #577 am: Juli 25, 2009, 05:33:39 Nachmittag »
I'm so sorry to hear that Angel. I know any good words won't help much, but I, too, wish you lots of strength and all the best.

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #578 am: März 14, 2010, 01:52:38 Vormittag »
hrmm doesnt seem anyone has checked in for a while. so I guess I should see if I can spark this one off agian.

Well things have changed alot in the many years I have been gone. I moved, I live in Oklahoma now, I was engaged, but that didnt work out so well. Im back to painting full time, and working on electronics part time (truck driving almost killed me back in 07 so I had to hang it up) I am single and I rather enjoy it. I have been working on music with a new band as of recent and I cant wait to be able to get some recorded so I am able to share it with everyone. I own my own webcast radio station now, though its under reconstruction right now it will be back online soon. hrmm. alot has happened to me and alot of it has been good. some of it hasnt.

One thing I know that wasnt good was the way that I left here. so first and foremost AngelofMusic I want to apologies to you for how I left. I guess there was things in between that helped me to cause what I had said on my way out the door last. and this is no one elses doing but my own. so of everyone here I owe you an apology, as for everyone else I hope that you can except my apologies for the way I left years ago. And please understand that I needed to take care of things in my life, as it was no one elses fault nor problem, I needed to grow up some. well alot, but I think Ive only accomplished the some part lol.. I have missed you all and I hope to be able to come back and be a part of the family I once turned away from.

Stay Heavy, Stay True.

Ryan

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #579 am: März 14, 2010, 08:40:24 Nachmittag »

Hey and welcome back! I wish everyone else would come back too ;)
Your post was just really sweet and made me wanna go awww in a positive way :) Seems like you're one of those people who don't let themselves totally down even when they are going through hard times in life :)  :bangersmiley:

It's kinda sad tho that his board, or at least the english side, has pretty much died... But I guess everyone's just so busy with their lives, and who am I to blame, I too am way too busy with school and work and everything... but perhaps there's still some hope left? ;)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #580 am: April 15, 2010, 07:41:11 Nachmittag »
A new month, a new check in! :)

Indeed, I am buried in business with my live outside of these forums. Haven't had a look in here for... I don't know how long, and that's a real pity!

Business means my "usual" job, the same I have since years, but it's ever evolving. I always thought I was at maximum utilisation, but well, there's still more and more to load, haha. So much capacity that I even took another duty and am now teaching at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts - once a week and only for the current semester, so far. I don't think I will continue it after June, because I managed to get two big full-time projects in addition to that and that now is really tough with only 4 days of the week left...

So far the main reasons, why I am offline so much.

But great to see you again, Ryan! You actually sound a lot more grown up, if I dare say. ;)

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #581 am: Oktober 28, 2010, 05:03:13 Nachmittag »
Hi everyone! It's been a while. Hope everyone is well and happy. Life's been quite busy; work and family just hasn't allowed for time at the boards. But, while looking for somthing to do on a much needed vacation, I thought of all of you. Why? Because we booked the 70,000 Tons of Metal cruise! A floating metal festival! :56: It's leaving from a US port this time, has an interesting lineup and looked like a fun thing to do. I just wish we could take all of you with us!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #582 am: Oktober 28, 2010, 06:26:41 Nachmittag »
Uh, well, it's been more than a month since I checked in, but yeah, my being single didn't last long.  The boyfriend realized he was being an idiot.  Of course, he's since fucked up royally, TWICE, since we got back together, and I'm not very happy with him at the moment, but we'll see how things turn out.  Though I did warn him, if he fucks up again, he's out.

I'm all moved into a condo in the south suburbs of Chicago, I've been working as a Child Care Worker at a residential program for youth with a trauma background, and I sort of dislike my job.  But after a year of searching after grad school, it's the only place that even gave me an interview.  At least I work with some cool people, and it's fun to hang out with them at the local bar after work on occasion. :)

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #583 am: Oktober 28, 2010, 08:53:10 Nachmittag »
Uh, well, it's been more than a month since I checked in, but yeah, my being single didn't last long.  The boyfriend realized he was being an idiot.  Of course, he's since fucked up royally, TWICE, since we got back together, and I'm not very happy with him at the moment, but we'll see how things turn out.  Though I did warn him, if he fucks up again, he's out.

The old 3 strikes and you're out!  He doesn't realize how lucky he is to have someone like you. That's sad. I guess maybe he's just not really ready to have a mature committed relationship. :(  I hope he wakes up before its too late. You deserve a great guy.

I'm all moved into a condo in the south suburbs of Chicago, I've been working as a Child Care Worker at a residential program for youth with a trauma background, and I sort of dislike my job.  But after a year of searching after grad school, it's the only place that even gave me an interview.  At least I work with some cool people, and it's fun to hang out with them at the local bar after work on occasion. :)

Congrats on the condo.
As for the job, you have to start somewhere and get some experience. Keep looking towards the future and plan towards it. With some experience under your belt you can move towards something more satisfying. It took many years of paying his dues, and a couple that lead to stressed health, for Christopher to finally land in a position that he loves. He never lost sight or gave up hope that he'd get where he wanted. And he is so appreciative  of what he has now having lived through jobs from hell. The people you work with are key. You can tolerate a shit job for a while if you like who you work with. Don't worry you'll get there.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #584 am: November 01, 2010, 08:56:10 Nachmittag »
Yay, me back again as well - for a short stop only, probably. ;)

Latest project is looking for a house to buy and move into...