Autor Thema: monthly check in guys and gals!!!!  (Gelesen 194898 mal)

Avricha

• Gast
Re: monthly check in guys and gals!!!!
« Antwort #585 am: Dezember 03, 2010, 11:29:47 Nachmittag »
Saying hi for a short check-in. Hope you guys are all doing well. I finished my Bachelor's degree and since I haven't found a job yet, I've started a Master's course . Even more work to do for uni now. But that has to work out somehow :). At least next year I will for the first time ever finally, finally go to Wacken!! The tickets are purchased and if something interferes again, I'll scream.
Also looking forward to see Iron Maiden and Kamelot  :bangersmiley:

socialcharlotte

• Gast
« Antwort #586 am: Dezember 20, 2010, 10:20:28 Nachmittag »
This is my first check in so yo, all, The Geek has arrived..Now where do I find the ladies room, I gotta get some relief..

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #587 am: Januar 16, 2011, 02:22:16 Nachmittag »
Welcome aboard, Charlotte! Hope you found some place for relief meanwhile...

Still looking for a house, not that easy, obviously. *sigh*
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #588 am: Februar 01, 2011, 08:40:32 Nachmittag »
Welcome Charlotte!

Hi everyone.
Just returned from the Metal cruise I mentioned a few months ago and I have to say it was one of the best times I've ever had!  :56:

First of all it was much needed; a warm vacation break from the coldest and snowiest winter we've that ever had! But beyond that this was better than any concert or festival I've ever attended.

Each band (of which there were 40) played twice. Many artists offered clinics and academies. All offered meet and greets. Plus the artists were around enjoying the other performers with us. They ate with us, worked out in the gym with us, were around for interviews and pictures, and, yes, drank with us!
There were so many highlights but one that was special is that I finally got to see RAGE and attend a clinic with VICTOR SMOLSKI. He's just as amazing as people at this forum told me he was. (and he even went with us on a trip off-ship to visit the Mayan Tulum ruins).
Also I saw and attended a clinic with ULI JON ROTH.
So many things to rave about but another thing I was really excited about was that I finally got to see TYR, ENSIFERUM, KORPIKLAANI, and AMON AMARTH.  

Back to reality...I now need to dig out from another half a meter of snow. Hope all my Metal brothers and sisters are doing well.

Cecilia

• Gast
« Antwort #589 am: Juni 12, 2011, 11:13:10 Nachmittag »
Last update was July of 2008 LOL.
Here goes...

- Passed my EMT-B test, decided I didn't want to be an EMT
- Got into a year and a half relationship, dumped him and...
- Moved to Las Vegas to be with someone I met online
- Two months later, I moved home
- Did CNA (certified nursing assistant) training/passed state test
- Currently:
a) working as a CNA
b) in a new relationship with a brand new guy
c) saving to go to nursing school or back to college
d) learning how to play guitar

See ya'll in another three years  :lachen:

http://www.facebook.com/kaye.stephanie

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #590 am: Juni 13, 2011, 05:03:54 Vormittag »
well it hasnt been three years for me. but Steph hit me up on FB tonight and said one thing to me Boards4metal!! so i came a running. Nice to see that people are still alive here. hope all is well for everyone.

As for me since my last check in, things have swapped I only work part time as a painter now (only when its a job paying 25+ and hour and something I can do on my time) and have gone full time in Electronics. I have started my own business and am proud to say that I own and operate K&R C.B. Shop. its tough going but the freedom is well worth the headache of it all.

So how is everyone? whats new and good with you all here? Odin hope youve found a house, Angel hope the relationship deal is working out. Maiden Im jelous. Charlotte welcome to the boards. where the hell is everyone else???

Stay Heavy, Stay True

Ryan

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #591 am: Juni 15, 2011, 12:19:49 Vormittag »
Wow!  Haven't seen you around here in ages!

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #592 am: Juli 13, 2011, 09:43:51 Vormittag »
chyea I know right lol.. its been a long and trying road for me. but one I am winning with everyday. and things are going good. yeesh see Im so busy it took me a month to respond to this post lol.. argh I need a life haha. how are you hun?

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #593 am: Juli 21, 2011, 07:35:59 Vormittag »
Uhm, let's see here...

Well, I got a job in the Chicago area last year around this time.  So I moved to the Chicago area.  Then I got fired for BS reasons, and now I'm looking for a job again, but no one will hire me because my previous place of employment feels the need to sabotage me.  Which is a pain, because I've got a mortgage payment to make monthly.  Fortunately, I have a boyfriend who also lives with me and helps offset the costs, but he makes crap pay and cannot support us both.  So I'm a bit stressed about -that-.  Otherwise I'm doing pretty good.

I saw Lizzy Borden this past Friday and the show was AWESOME.  I also got to meet him, and I sort of turned into a gibbering idiot.  Not many musicians have that effect on me anymore.  Usually I can be pretty cool-headed and calm when meeting musicians I like.  NOT THIS TIME.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #594 am: April 09, 2012, 03:39:25 Nachmittag »
Ladies and gentlemen, it's ages again - but then, that's what this thread is for (if not monthly, at least once a year or so... haha...).

We found a house and moved in last August. I withdrew from the editor (and author) position at B4M more than a year ago already, but did a review on the new RAGE album recently. Business is growing fast, had more travel to do during the last months than ever before, will be off to Cambridge this week again, but so far it's fun for the biggest part of it.

Now we are thinking about this years vacation (as we had none last year) and we are thinking about a travel to Finnland - through Denmark and Sweden. It struck me that I did not have contact to my finnish beloved since the last W:O:A I attended (2009!!). :(

I cannot promise to get a lot more active here, but I will active e-mail notification for replies now.

Best greetings and hugs to all the family! :)

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #595 am: April 10, 2012, 07:22:36 Nachmittag »
Since I last checked in I did get a new job!  I love it, but the pay sucks.  So do the hours.  I'm working with developmentally disabled adults in a residential setting.  It's a job I really do enjoy, and don't mind at all coming in to work!

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #596 am: April 10, 2012, 08:14:11 Nachmittag »
That's great, Angel! An enjoyable work makes up for long hours, I think. At least if you can make a living out of it.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #597 am: Juni 14, 2012, 07:43:57 Nachmittag »
Checking in from Copenhagen today - after a road strip that took us through Denmark, Sweden (Gotenburg, Stockholm) and Finland (Turku, Helsinki). Oh boy, Scandinavia - and especially Helsinki - is SO much more Metal than Germany!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #598 am: Oktober 14, 2012, 06:54:25 Vormittag »
Checking in, still in the Chicago area!

Still working with adults with developmental disabilities.  Will be a year on Halloween!

Got interested in pro-wrestling again, and I'll be checking out a training school on Wednesday.

I'll leave you with that as a last though. :D

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
« Antwort #599 am: Oktober 14, 2012, 05:45:12 Nachmittag »
There could be worse last thoughts... ;)

After the roadtrip through Skandinavia, I had a week's stay in hospital (nothing to do with the trip, though) and life changed slightly after that, but for the time being, everything is fine and "usual" now. Will go to Barcelona for four days from tomorrow (first time to continental Spain), but not for leisure.