Autor Thema: Good is alive  (Gelesen 3938 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Good is alive
« am: Oktober 08, 2005, 02:44:16 Nachmittag »
Last night we were out with a couple of my fellow students, friends from the studies etc. Noble restaurant in the city, really cool. The details about the meal are another story... ;)

Sunshine and I had arrived early and therefore stopped by in a romantic bistro/restaurant first. As I had decided not to drink beer that night, I started off with a Bacardi-Cola - on empty stomach (really hungry)... Well, in the restaurant finally we sipped some glasses of white wine and had a good time eating three turns from the buffet, hehe. :D

Afterwards four of us went over to a pub a few meters away. Skipping some time here, I come to the point of interest at once: Sunshine and I were the last to leave and when I wanted to pay - my purse was gone! Damn f*cking shit! I must have lost in on the toilet - ran there, but it wasn't there anymore (what a surprise). Back to the waitress - have you seen it? No. Asking another waitress. No. Asking the barkeeper. He reaches behind his bash box and in his hand I at once recognized my purse! He asked for my name and checked it with the papers in the purse. Luckily I still remembered my name. ;)

Wow! Nothing was missing - even the 55,- Euros were there! Another guest had given the purse to the barkeeper. But that guest had already left, so I couldn't thank him or her personally... But what lucky idiot I am!  :rolleyes:

So, gotta run now. Going to meet Sunshine in the city - we're going shopping... ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

dorian jane

• Gast
Good is alive
« Antwort #1 am: Oktober 08, 2005, 09:36:16 Nachmittag »
Indeed lucky Odin  :)  It's  good to be a German at situations like this  :wink:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
Good is alive
« Antwort #2 am: Oktober 09, 2005, 03:13:59 Nachmittag »
Do you think Germany are expecially honest? *wonder*

dorian jane

• Gast
Good is alive
« Antwort #3 am: Oktober 09, 2005, 06:24:56 Nachmittag »
Well, not especially honest, but better than others at situations like this  :wink:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
Good is alive
« Antwort #4 am: Oktober 10, 2005, 08:34:33 Vormittag »
Well, interesting opinion. I would not have thought so - or more exactly I never thought about this. ;)

dorian jane

• Gast
Good is alive
« Antwort #5 am: Oktober 10, 2005, 08:48:08 Vormittag »
:shock: Really?

The Metal RN

• Gast
Good is alive
« Antwort #6 am: Oktober 10, 2005, 12:33:22 Nachmittag »
I think there is good everywhere. At work I have seen some of the most simplest nice gestures come from some of the sickest individuals that I have, you never know when it will show sometimes. Very suprising. I had the same situation, twice both with different outcomes. I lost mt wallet at school in the cafeteria. Did not know I lost it till I received a phone call that someone had my wallet. He stopped by my dorm to return it ,but it was essentially empty, not that there was a lot of money, but hey I was at college. I thanked the guy, but he was indignant that I did not give him something as a reward. I had nothing left. I was a little put off by that I couldnot figure it out, till a friend suggested that maybe he had found the wallet when it had the money in it and took that as well, returning the rest to me. I don't know. The second time I lost my wallet, I did realize onceI got home from running at a park. I went back to where I parked, nothing. looked down the trail, nothing. I came hoemand began to call and cancel my cards, when I got a call from the police dept. they asked if i was missing something, yes I was. i went down and got my wallet, asked who returnedit so that i could thank them, and all they were able tosay was some older woman returned it after finding it at the park, i could not thank her. other than to do the same if put in that same situation. it just is the right thing to do.

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
Good is alive
« Antwort #7 am: Oktober 10, 2005, 07:57:17 Nachmittag »
Absolutely. :)