Autor Thema: falconer on the brain  (Gelesen 3051 mal)

MasterOfTheFalcon

• Gast
falconer on the brain
« am: Januar 15, 2007, 11:34:40 Nachmittag »
ever had a time where you were just in a public place and you were reminded of  a falconer song?

tell us about it

one of mine was i was in a math class and the teacher was talking about how some people believe that you have to take a metal journey to find what you you will do in life(he always talked about that sor of stuff)
and i started thinking of the song "mindtraveller ", ans started hummying it, and know one had any clue what song it was(cause people in alberta dont really know about falconer)

Mindtraveller

• Gast
falconer on the brain
« Antwort #1 am: Januar 16, 2007, 04:22:17 Vormittag »
Yes. A few years ago I was on my way home from work. It had been a really tiring day, and on top of that, one of my co-workers had been listening to Nightwish all day long, which is indeed a terrible tragedy of death. So I am at the bus stop, waiting for the bus to arrive, but I realize that I just missed it by a few minutes, which means I have to wait for another 30 damn minutes for the next bus to arrive. Well, I say to myself: "Myself, how about something to eat? There is a Burger King near." I decide to listen to myself, and go to the burger joint across the street. I ask the kid at the counter for a cheeseburger, to which he replies "Sure, take a seat and I'll call you when it's ready". Now, I should mention that this happened at night, so there were NO more customers at all, but I wait. And wait. And wait for about 20 minutes (!). In the meanwhile, I see the bastard doing absolutely nothing. So, upset, I go towards the counter and yell at him, and the scumbag has the NERVE to act all annoyed while telling me that he "happened to forget!" Can you believe it? I mean, working at Burger King is one of the easiest jobs in the world and this douchebag can't do it well, not even when he has only ONE customer. I take my seat again and keep my eyes on him, with a pretty evil stare I should mention. One of those stares that scare even yourself if you do it while in the mirror. Anyhoo, this works because I notice the kid is scared, which ruled.

Well, this Burger King story had nothing to do with the original thread, but I felt like posting it because it lead to the Falconer song in the mind one.

So, after the Burger King incident, I return to the bus stop just in time. I see the bus in the distance, and I ready myself. But as things HAD to develop, the bastard bus driver doesn't stop and instead just passes me by!! I am irritated by this and begin to think about how these humans should be exterminated. In painful ways if possible, like listening to Children of Bodom day and night until their brains melt (which shouldn't take long, given it is CoB we are talking about). Anyway, this leads me to start getiting all misanthropic and black metal-like, wanting grim and evil and frostbitten things to happen to this people. I think how wonderful it would be if there were less humans. And then I think: "There is an overdose of humanity nowadays", which of course brings to mind Humanity Overdose. This makes me think about Falconer and thus I get all happy! I do a little touchwdown dance, pop a mentos in my mouth and jump while I scream: "Life sure is swell!".

Oh yeah, I finally get on the next bus; I take my seat and begin to enjoy the ride. To my surprise the bus stops while passing by an intersection, then I see the previous bus (that passed me by before). It's a horrible scene, the bus crashed and is upside down, there are bodies scattered around, some bloody people with their legs cut off crying out in pain and the bus driver all twisted around like a meat puppet. I am left at awe, but then I see I can't really do anything, so I take a taxi and head home.

At home, I tell all this to my girl friend, who gets all somber and sad. So, to cheer her up I tell her: "Well, on the positive side of things, I just saved a lot of money by switching to Geico!".

And that's my story.

What?

Knightmare

• Gast
falconer on the brain
« Antwort #2 am: Januar 17, 2007, 10:10:27 Nachmittag »
When Northwind was released I had the chorus from "Spirit of the Hawk" playing non-stop in my head for two weeks!

That's the beauty about Falconer's songs. They are so uncanningly well-composed that they are and stay extremely catchy without being cheezy or mainstream.

And don't even get me started on how many times I've had "Mindtraveller" stuck in an infinite loop inside my head...

Cheers!

darthsimian

• Gast
falconer on the brain
« Antwort #3 am: Januar 20, 2007, 12:07:29 Nachmittag »
Whenever I see Pirates of the Caribbean, Royal Galley comes to my mind  :D

terroxxx

• Gast
falconer on the brain
« Antwort #4 am: Januar 29, 2007, 07:15:28 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "darthsimian"
Whenever I see Pirates of the Caribbean, Royal Galley comes to my mind  :D

i'v had almost everyone stuck in my nutcase one after the other... those are the sorts of songs you don't complaine about having on ur mind... i love it! breaks my heart when i lose them out 4 some friggin anoying pop song... GRRR!!!

terroxxx

• Gast
falconer on the brain
« Antwort #5 am: Januar 29, 2007, 07:26:06 Nachmittag »
@MasterOfTheFalcon

hey, you don't live far from my uncle... thats coll;P