Autor Thema: I've just received Among beggars... Digi today!  (Gelesen 13364 mal)

The Black Knight

• Gast
Re: I've just received Among beggars... Digi today!
« Antwort #15 am: August 22, 2008, 02:02:34 Nachmittag »
Exactly! I think there's a lot of Sceptre going on here and there on this album. In a very very good way.

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: August 25, 2008, 01:23:33 Nachmittag »
I got a package from CDON.com today. But it didn't contain the new album!!!! And i was so excited when I open it...  :'(
« Letzte Änderung: August 25, 2008, 01:25:43 Nachmittag von tirlith »

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: August 25, 2008, 01:47:30 Nachmittag »
Amazon mailed me, saying that they've already send the package on Thursday 21st, so I was really eagerly awaiting the album on Friday. Well, it didn't come on Friday. But I knew that sometimes the Amazon postal service delivers on Saturdays too... so I checked twice on Saturday, but didn't find anything...
Then on Saturday evening, me and my band had a gig to play, and when returning from it, on 5:30AM Sunday morning, I instinctively checked if something was delivered during Saturday afternoon.
AND THERE IT WAS!! :D What an awesome way to start the day  ;D
« Letzte Änderung: August 25, 2008, 01:51:16 Nachmittag von Prab »

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: August 25, 2008, 06:41:14 Nachmittag »
Congratulations Prab, that´s awesome!

I received an e-mail from swedish web store Ginza today, saying that they sent my order today...sooooo, I should have it tomorrow  :56:

Powermetaljesus

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: August 25, 2008, 08:15:44 Nachmittag »
I have been desperately waiting for the album! It still hasn't come through, I pre-ordered from Play.com but from looking at the site it seems both versions are out of stock, its the same on the .co.uk amazon. Is there a huge amount of falconer fans in the UK like me or is there a problem with the delivery?

I want it now this is so unfair, this is is album I have been waiting so impatiently for.

truewalrus

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: August 26, 2008, 12:21:47 Vormittag »
I got my digi today! Way earlier than I expected it... I wasn't even told it had been delivered. Nevertheless, just finished listening to Field of Sorrow, and am prepared to be equally amazed by the rest of the songs!  :bangersmiley:

Avricha

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: August 26, 2008, 08:06:37 Vormittag »
I've got my digi and the vinyl on Saturday. The latter is stunning. I very much like the pic on the backside.

As for the album, it's really, really great. I especially am in awe with the Swedish songs. Skula, Skorpa, Skalk is my favourite out of them. Concerning the others, Mountain Men has a totally catchy tune. I can hear Mathias singing that in my head :bangersmiley: every time I am nowhere near to a cd player. Boiling Led rocks, too. I absolutely like the passage with "One hit, one slash, one blow." The rest of them just  :tup:

I'm truly happy I've got the album here now, putting it on repeat helps me carry through writing my term paper.

Knox

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: August 26, 2008, 02:45:39 Nachmittag »
i got it today=) i honestly didden think that they can do a better album then northwind. but i whas wrong o so wrong! so im standing in shame in the corner whit a cone on my head. But i have a great album to listen to wile im standing there=)

cynic73

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: August 26, 2008, 05:11:29 Nachmittag »
YES! I just recieved the album, oh, Vargaskall coming up, gotta go  :bangersmiley:

Powermetaljesus

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: August 27, 2008, 08:40:32 Vormittag »
Still waiting :P

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: September 01, 2008, 06:01:07 Nachmittag »
Got my digi friday, and today I bought the jewel case (normal version).  ;D
Now I'm gonna look for a good place to order the vinyl.

Sol

• Gast
« Antwort #26 am: September 12, 2008, 01:12:47 Nachmittag »
Nowwwwwwww finally I've got it as well.
Viddernas man is my favourite for the moment.
cannot stop listening that. On repeat  :icon_cool:

Solarisis

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Oktober 09, 2008, 07:52:51 Nachmittag »
'Mountain men' is a very great song, perhaps one of the best on the album?? It has some very interesting parts and challenges you through the whole song and that guitar riff - pure genious! This has to be my favourite so far. And I love Mathias' deep voice!

This perfectly sums up my enthusiasm for that song. That riff (no doubt we're talking about the same one) is just MONSTROUS :bangersmiley:. I think the band challenge the listener with some unexpected things in many of the songs, but this song is the best example of it. This keeps us hungry for more Falconer albums!

RedFox742

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Oktober 12, 2008, 03:03:55 Vormittag »
I have to say, I still giggle at the first few lines of Mountain Men. Taxes, exportation, importation, bailiffs... XD Not quite your ordinary metal fare!!

Still probably my second fav from the album. I love Mathias' fast and high vocals ("the threatening, the torture...")

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: Oktober 15, 2008, 04:54:22 Vormittag »
Does "Mountain Men" remind anyone else of Monty Python's Lumberjack Song?  :D