Autor Thema: Falconer UK GIG Update and live videos and photos  (Gelesen 11670 mal)

Facial La Fleur

• Gast
Re: Falconer UK GIG Update and live videos and photos
« Antwort #15 am: Juli 19, 2009, 01:36:41 Vormittag »

I believe they don't tour much out of respect for Mathias' work schedule.  His career is musical theater, so I believe the band works around that.

Just hope Falconer plays ProgPower USA some time soon.  I keep offering sponsorship bids on them.

I can totally respect working around Mathias' theater career, but seriously they ought to be able to at least come over once a year and hit a festival or two here in the states. I'm sure one day they will... I've just been a fan ever since the second album and I get sad that I may never see them live. I suppose until then these excellent videos that you folks are uploading will hold me over. Thanks, all.

Nyholm

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: Juli 19, 2009, 12:43:26 Nachmittag »
Thanks for all the uploads! Someone who remember the setlist? :bangersmiley:

Lordturel

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: Juli 19, 2009, 02:02:32 Nachmittag »
Heyy,
Just wanted to say, sorry if i jostled your camera a bit last night - I was right next to you.
Great night though :D Absolutely great :D

No need to be sorry People were ther to have fun so I couldnt care less about my cam getting knocked, now the smack to the face thats another story :-p

Any how still uploading just realised man o the hour has some lag due to my phone being rebooted after over heating but it stops about 2:30 in and the catch the shadows kicks in around 4 min in, I should have them uploaded today this is taking longer then i expected lol

Facial La Fleur

• Gast
« Antwort #18 am: Juli 19, 2009, 05:11:07 Nachmittag »
Excellent!!! Do you recall the whole set list?

jonny t

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: Juli 19, 2009, 05:43:06 Nachmittag »

Powermetaljesus

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: Juli 19, 2009, 07:05:36 Nachmittag »
I got some pics up now:

http://tinypic.com/1r528nrk

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: Juli 19, 2009, 08:14:22 Nachmittag »
a review from the gig no pics though
http://piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com/2009/07/falconer-dragonland-live-report.html

Thanks for the review!  I was wondering how Dragonland fared.  They're another band I would love to see live some day.  I'm not overly-impressed with their earlier output, but I think Starfall was a step in the right direction, and Astronomy continued on that path.  The band went from straight-up power metal to power/prog metal, IMO. :)

I noticed you commented on Mathias' stage presence in the review.  That's something I've noticed in the few live videos that are floating around online.  Mathias, you're an actor!  Ham it up on stage with Falconer! :)

jonny t

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: Juli 19, 2009, 09:21:15 Nachmittag »
just to say it wasnt my review just one i found although i agree mathias does need to move a bit more some pics also
http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=iznKU2%2BIyxr%2BT3vHTspd%2FQ%3D%3D
and my last video sorry its man of the hour again need to get more memory cards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0myU5NR1ftM
« Letzte Änderung: Juli 19, 2009, 09:27:39 Nachmittag von jonny t »

Facial La Fleur

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: Juli 19, 2009, 09:37:47 Nachmittag »
Not all of his videos have been linked so far but you can find them in his channel on you tube below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Lordturel?view=videos

RedFox742

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: Juli 21, 2009, 01:52:41 Vormittag »
Beautiful sound.

Someone please wake up Mattias? XD

jonny t

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: Juli 21, 2009, 04:26:03 Nachmittag »
Anyway, Falconer's setlist was:

- Field of sorrow
- Tower of the Queen
- Wings of serenity
- Vargaskall
- Quest for the crown
- Man of the hour
- Catch the shadows
- Himmel så trind
- Upon the grave of guilt
- Boiling led
- Mindtraveller
- Clarion call
===
- Upon the grave of guilt

borrowed from someone on the bloodstock open air forum

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #26 am: Juli 22, 2009, 12:26:29 Nachmittag »
Oh, I missed the new thread. Quoting myself from the "preview" thread:

Well, it was definitely a great night. The crowd went crazy for Falconer - some had additional alcohol problems, so it took me some time to be able to enjoy the show. That drunken idiot not hearing the music anymore, but jumping and waving around, pushing and fighting everybody was really a downer. It was not until I told the security to have him removed (what was more than necessary at that point, because serious fighting was about to start) that I could concentrate on the stage.  :icon_evil:

Mathias seemed a bit troubled by the ongoings in the crowd as well, but as professional as he is, his vocals were great nevertheless, of course. :)

I think the band also enjoyed the evening and I would have loved to hook up afterwards for a drink or two, but we were so dead tired after getting up at 3:45 (what was 2:45 in London time...) in the morning and travelling that we left right after they had left the stage.

Finally, after an unprepared (!) encore! C'mon guys, you can't come to play a headliner spot for a crazy crowd and don't prepare an encore!!   :pillepalle:   :icon_mrgreen: But I did not mind hearing 'Upon the Grave of Guilt' a second time either, hehe.

The peaks were as usual 'Mindtraveller' and 'The Clarion Call' with the crowd singing out loud like there was no tomorrow - goose bumps guaranteed (thinking of the Wacken gig and roughly ten thousand or more singing).

I don't know whether Karsten recognized me, when he went out to see the last minutes of Dragonland. We met before, but he might also have greeted me just to be friendly anyway, haha. ;)

Must see Falconer more often.

A guy standing next to me sent a note with his mobile to his twitter reading "Falconer are as awesome live as they are on there albums!". 'nough said.
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Lordturel

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: Juli 22, 2009, 10:04:02 Nachmittag »
Well all my videos are up and are set as a playlist also. I will try nd clean up the sound when my laptop gets back from repair. Stil the best gig I have been to. I was realy amazed how friendly everybody was. Also bring more shirts next time guys as a lot of people wanted them. I got one though :-)

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: Juli 23, 2009, 12:41:04 Nachmittag »

Whoa, what can I say, I've read all your reviews and watched the videos eagerly and all that I feel now is a burning longing to finally be able to see them live :(  ;)
The time will come...

Disconouny

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: Juli 24, 2009, 02:00:46 Vormittag »
Argh, I'm so jealous...  I hate you all you lucky /"$%/$"/(/E"/($I! :P

N'way, maybe one day they'll come in Canada ~ I can dream on that ~ Metal scene's pretty intense in Montreal and Quebec :)