Autor Thema: Frustration  (Gelesen 7240 mal)

Prab

• Gast
Frustration
« am: Juni 07, 2005, 10:19:07 Vormittag »
Ok, I needed to let off some steam for my peace of mind. So I wrote this posting here.
Feel free to scroll down and read about the situation I'm in. But be warned, the text contains some curses and bad words in generall. I'm kinda pissed of right now and the text reflects that a bit. At least I hope so....

It's just like in a bad joke. I can't believe it. It's just.... SO FUCKING FRUSTRATING!
Okay, let's start from the beginning.

Last year it was announced, that there's going to be a new festival in June here in Austria. A rock festival called NOVA ROCK. Over the months the line up got better and better. Me, my girlfriend and some friends of mine decided that we'll definitely want to go there.
In April I started to work overtime so that I'd have enough long hours to take a week off. I mean I had to gather about 40 hours extra (my working week contains 40 hours, 8 hours per day), and I managed to do about 6 long hours in a week. So if you add that up you can see that I spend almost two months on working overtime to prepare my week off for that festival.
I had already bought the ticket. Everything concerning camping and the train trip was planned.
Last week I just mentioned to a friend of mine "Hey, you know what? The only thing that could spoil the whole trip would be getting sick. But well... it's summer and the weather is fine, so catching a cold won't happen." I should not have said that....
The weather got pretty bad during the last week. The weather forecast even said that it's gonna rain from Thursday until Sunday. That'd mean it'd be a wet festival. Still, I had my spirits up. No need to worry, we'd manage that.
Tomorrow would have been my first day off, on Thursday it would have been the first day of the four day festival.... and yesterday I got fever and a cold. Today I took sick leave and canceled my week off.

This seems just so.... UNREAL to me. This is... just not true! I mean.... FUCK!
I mean... all the preparation... the anticipation.... DAMN! FUCKIN CRAP!
Check out the line up: www.novarock.at
This is a line up which is not usual, especially not for a festival here in Austria.
There are so many bands I wanted to see so bad! Some of them never have been to Austria and who knows if or when they'll come again?!
Okay, just imagine you're planning to go to a festival where there are a lot of bands in the line up you just can't wait to see. Bands you always wanted to see live. Everything is prepared and planned.
And then, you get sick. Pretty shitty and fucked up hu?

System of a Down... I've loved their music for quite some time, wanted to see them live for a long time. They've never been to Austria and who knows if they'll ever return. It's said that they don't like to play Europe.
Greenday... not the kind of music I listen to nowadays, but they were one of the first punkrock bands I listened too. The DOOKIE album got me hooked, and without punkrock I wouldn't have turned to metal any time soon. It's more because of nostalgia why I wanted to see them live. They haven't been to Austria for pretty a long time!!
Die Ärzte (german band) were probably THE first punk band (at least they where back in 1994) I listened too. They are a phenomenon and almost everyone I know has already seen them live at some point. At the Nova Rock it's their LAST CONCERT IN AUSTRIA UNTIL 2007. And I am not there....
Nightwish... I already saw them live, but this time it would have been at a festival! A friend of mine is quite sceptic about Nightwish. I would have SO wanted to be there with him when he saw them live for the first time and he probably started to realize that they're fucking fantastic!
And there are many many more bands I so wanted to see... Mudvayne for example...

On Monday my friends will return from the festival and there'll most definitely be a lot of stories to tell. I don't know if I can bear to hear them.

Man, I can't find the words to describe how FUCKING FRUSTRATED and FUCKING ANGRY I am!
If I was an aggressive person I'd punch the walls or smash something! But since I'm not I just smash my fingers on this keyboard and the result is what you read here.
FUCK! THIS SUCKS SO MUCH! I FUCKING CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

I just wanted to get this off of my mind. I feel a little better now.
I guess I'll go to bed again, I'm still not well.

dorian jane

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #1 am: Juni 07, 2005, 10:54:29 Vormittag »
Oh Prab..i can understand the way you feel..but don't be frustrated.. as i see it you have two full days to recover (the festival begins on the 9th, doesn't it?)..and unless yr sickness isn't more serious than a flu, i don't see why you can't make it.. i would go if i wanted it so badly as you do, no matter what.But of course that's me talking, i cannot speak for yrself.
The think with me is that whenever i plan on doing something, it just never happens! It's one of Merphy's laws.. :evil: So, i don't make plans anymore, i just go with the flow, if you know what i mean :wink:
Anyway..you have my wishes for a quick recovery and don't let the circumstances get the better of you! You getting sick just may be a divine intervention.. Gods move in mysterious ways...hahaha (just trying to cheer you up a bit  :wink: )

Virvatuli

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #2 am: Juni 07, 2005, 01:24:55 Nachmittag »
Yeah, me too... :( I'm sorry to hear that.
I felt really sad and angry, when I got a stomach flew (And the worse part is, that I knew who gave it to me) just the night before Nightwish concert. But I went there. Don't remember much and it was a total waste of money, because I was so sick... I hope you will get better :)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Frustration
« Antwort #3 am: Juni 07, 2005, 02:12:17 Nachmittag »
Prab, I can really understand you and I feel with you, dude. :(

As is has been said already - only making not too many plans helps against such sad outcomes. I am fighting not to plan the summer festivals too detailed (but I have to, hm...), because you never know if you will make it though today anyway...

Best wishes for a quick recovery and maybe you can really make it a little late to the festival...?
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #4 am: Juni 07, 2005, 05:30:08 Nachmittag »
I got sick right before the HammerFall/Dio concert back in 2002.  However, right before I was to go, I got better.  So maybe on wednesday you'll feel well enough to make it to the festival!   Just take it easy and perhaps things will work out.

If it makes you feel any better, I can't go see Iron Maiden at Ozzfest, and I might not get to see HammerFall and Edguy because of the date the moved my jaw surgery to.  So we can be miserable and annoyed together.

The Metal RN

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #5 am: Juni 07, 2005, 06:15:42 Nachmittag »
Prab
I hope you feel better soon, but I know that will probabkly change when your friends get back. That was a lot of prep for something that you really wanted. I am sorry for the outcome. You can vent anytime, PM if necessary. lately we have missed shows do to unforseen circomstances and injury and it REALLY BLOWS. I feel for ya.

Mas

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #6 am: Juni 07, 2005, 09:33:41 Nachmittag »
yeah Prab that sucks, why dont you go to the doctor and ask for antibiotica? Realy your doctor can give you antibiotica that you feel better in one day. i did that before.

Prab

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #7 am: Juni 07, 2005, 11:22:04 Nachmittag »
wow!
now this is gorgeous!
thank you so much guys :)
i honestly appreciate your kind words.
this just prooves once more that this is the best online community I'm part of. honestly!
:)

okay, so most of you recommend that I should go if I'm well soon enough.
yeah, I thought about that too.
but there are more obstacles.

the weather forecast says that it's gonna rain from thursday on until sunday.
so assuming that I felt better tomorrow and I went to the festival. it would be cold and rainy there. I'd be sleeping in a tent on the floor with wet weather around. chances are way too big that I get sick again.
I mean, I know, this just sounds wimpy but it'd get way more complicated if I got sick at the festival.
To get from the place of the festival back to Vienna, with the backpack and stuff, AND with fever... no, that'd be nothing I'd want to risk in this case.

So right now I'm trying to make the best of it.
Staying at home, taking rest, chilling out. Stuff like that.
I just try to forget that there is something like the Nova Rock festival. At least I try to. At least until Monday. Then the others will return and tell me all about it.
Nevertheless I told my friends to have fun and hope they'll have it.

So, once again, thanks for your reactions.
You guys rule :)

Souleraser

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #8 am: Juni 07, 2005, 11:50:15 Nachmittag »
I completely feel with you (I haven't been really healthy anytime during the last 15 months, which kept me away from doing quite some stuff - and this isn't a joke), like the others. But I suppose there's hardly anything you can do about it. Try to get well as quick as possible, but mainly for just that reason - to be and to feel well. Don't spend too much time thinking about this - it is crap, it is one of life's bad jokes. But the tides will turn and you'll have a chance to see the bands you mentioned. None of them is likely to break up soon but they're all likely to become even more rich and famous and therefore they'll be touring Austria again, too.

Take your favourite CDs, get back to bed and try to get well. You might be back on your feet around the weekend and still have the chance to see some of the bands . If so - great. If not - well, it's beyond your influence anyways, so being pissed about it won't help anyone, least of all you.

dorian jane

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #9 am: Juni 08, 2005, 12:59:10 Vormittag »
@Prab: I longed to see the original Black Sabbath perform live for such a long time that i almost forgot how much ...and finally i'm not going to.
just a reminder to us all .. LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHILE WE'RE MAKING OTHER PLANS.
Wish you well  :dito:

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
Frustration
« Antwort #10 am: Juni 08, 2005, 08:10:37 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "dorian jane"
LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHILE WE'RE MAKING OTHER PLANS.

:!:  :!:  :!:
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Souleraser

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #11 am: Juni 08, 2005, 08:36:58 Vormittag »
And just in case anyone's wondering whose quote this is: John Lennon said it.

dorian jane

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #12 am: Juni 08, 2005, 10:25:37 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "AoP"
And just in case anyone's wondering whose quote this is: John Lennon said it.

So that's the one! I was watching a movie some years ago and there it was as a graffiti on a brick wall.Didn't know who said it till now..thanks for the enlightment @AoP  :)

Souleraser

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #13 am: Juni 08, 2005, 12:02:38 Nachmittag »
You're welcome :)

dorian jane

• Gast
Frustration
« Antwort #14 am: Juni 08, 2005, 11:33:18 Nachmittag »
@Prab? Where are you? Are you so sick that you can't even reach yr pc or you're already at that Nova festival of yours????