Autor Thema: monthly check in guys and gals!!!!  (Gelesen 203179 mal)

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
monthly check in guys and gals!!!!
« Antwort #180 am: Juni 24, 2005, 07:50:21 Vormittag »
Nice pics, Christopher! Looking forward to your full report. :)

The best, by the way, should be just today, I think, because you never know, if there is anything more to come... but that's kind of pessimistic again. ;)
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #181 am: Juni 24, 2005, 03:44:21 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
Nice pics, Christopher! Looking forward to your full report. :)

Hey!! I held the camera bag!!   :wink: (Which in the Hammerfall pit almost cost me my life!)  :lol:

We've been really busy...but it is only going to get worse so my goal is to get to it this weekend.
I have a couple questions so I'll email you.

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #182 am: Juni 25, 2005, 03:08:19 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "dorian jane"

Well, i always see my glass half full and not half empty. :wink:

Actually it it is both.   :P

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #183 am: Juli 01, 2005, 01:02:07 Vormittag »
Zitat von: "The Metal RN"

Believe me pal..for me it's always half full  :wink:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two days ago we had a car accident.We crashed with a truck.The reason was that our car's breaks got stuck ,so no way of avoiding the truck...Fortunately (our guardian angels are still with us) we didn't get hurt -just shocked - .The only damage done was the front left wing of the car smashed.
And i'm so used to seeing my life pass before my eyes (cause we had a really nusty car crash about two years ago- and i had several motorcycle accidents in the past) , i have realised that this is it, i just got to make the best of it, while i still breathe!!!!
And this happening only 3 days before our summer holidays start.
These are the places we are going to be for two weeks or so ( i hope it's more   :P )
http://www.armenistis.com.gr and http://www.armenistis.com.gr/armgr.htm
and then maybe http://campsite.gr/platanitsi/ (Armenistis rocks literally, rock gigs,rock gigs,rock gigs and more!!)
Both are in Sithonia/Halkidiki, the one next to the other (Sithonia being the secong 'leg" of Halkidiki-check your maps guys  :wink: )
 Sea Sun and Rum!!! (Oops! i meant fun  :lol: )

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #184 am: Juli 01, 2005, 02:45:16 Vormittag »

Believe me pal..for me it's always half full  :wink:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two days ago we had a car accident.We crashed with a truck.The reason was that our car's breaks got stuck ,so no way of avoiding the truck...Fortunately (our guardian angels are still with us) we didn't get hurt -just shocked - .The only damage done was the front left wing of the car smashed.
And i'm so used to seeing my life pass before my eyes (cause we had a really nusty car crash about two years ago- and i had several motorcycle accidents in the past) , i have realised that this is it, i just got to make the best of it, while i still breathe!!!!
And this happening only 3 days before our summer holidays start.
These are the places we are going to be for two weeks or so ( i hope it's more   :P )
http://www.armenistis.com.gr and http://www.armenistis.com.gr/armgr.htm
and then maybe http://campsite.gr/platanitsi/ (Armenistis rocks literally, rock gigs,rock gigs,rock gigs and more!!)
Both are in Sithonia/Halkidiki, the one next to the other (Sithonia being the secong 'leg" of Halkidiki-check your maps guys  :wink: )
 Sea Sun and Rum!!! (Oops! i meant fun  :lol: )

You should always look at the positives in things, and from what I have gathered from the forums you always do! Just because I acknowlegde that they are both there does not mean that I give both the same importance. I continually am the optimist and believe the best in people, even though I have been taken advantage of because I tend to be naive.

Enjoy your holiday, that looks absolutely wonderful. *jealous*  :P

Offline Odin

• Allfather
  • Glorious Metalhead
    • http://www.4metal.net
« Antwort #185 am: Juli 01, 2005, 08:47:53 Vormittag »
@Metal RN: All this sounds so familiar (tending to be naiv etc.)... :)

@DJ: Who, stuck breaks, sounds scary. Glad nothing worse happened.
God of Wisdom, God of War
Inspiration, Madness, Anger
The Wanderer among mortals
Bringer of eternal victory

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #186 am: Juli 01, 2005, 10:12:41 Vormittag »
@Metal RN & @Odin: I wouldn't put it as being naive.. cause i'm not , and i really don't believe than either of you is. I know that most people take advantage of those who are good willed and it happened to me many times. But even though it is so, i'm not willing to change myself in order to prevend the worst from happening. I sleep well at night  :wink:

Virvatuli

• Gast
« Antwort #187 am: Juli 01, 2005, 10:16:57 Vormittag »
@Metal RN & @Odin: I wouldn't put it as being naive.. cause i'm not , and i really don't believe than either of you is. I know that most people take advantage of those who are good willed and it happened to me many times. But even though it is so, i'm not willing to change myself in order to prevend the worst from happening. I sleep well at night  :wink:

And usually the worse happens no matter what you try. So most of the time it's not even worth worrying ;)

The Metal RN

• Gast
« Antwort #188 am: Juli 01, 2005, 12:20:15 Nachmittag »

I know..... that is why I do not plan on trying to change either, I need to be happy with myself at the end of it all, and I don't feel I could change anyway. Even when I may suspect something, I still revert to being the nice guy and giving the benefit of the doubt.

In my initial response to the response about the glass, I understand about the metaphor, I just answered very concretely/factually. I did not mean to comment on any particular view.

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #189 am: Juli 01, 2005, 01:00:11 Nachmittag »

I know..... that is why I do not plan on trying to change either, I need to be happy with myself at the end of it all, and I don't feel I could change anyway. Even when I may suspect something, I still revert to being the nice guy and giving the benefit of the doubt.

The only difference between us is that when i suspect or understand that someone's intentions are bad i make it clear to them that i understand what's going on and i stop being a nice guy.I even come forward and confront them so i can clear things out. And then i turn my back on them (not to make it easier for them to stab the knife of course :wink: ) but meaning that they stop to exist for me.I don't give the benefit of the doubt to anyone who tries to use me. I'm a bit radical on this one..everybody's guilty unless proved otherwise and not vice versa. Though this may sound like overreacting, it's my way of protecting myself.  Plus i have the talent of knowing from the first sight what a person is all about.No kidding, i have great instincts regarding people.And it helps a lot.

Zitat
In my initial response to the response about the glass, I understand about the metaphor, I just answered very concretely/factually. I did not mean to comment on any particular view.

I understand my friend, no need to worry. :)  :wink:

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #190 am: Juli 01, 2005, 02:24:25 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Odin"
@DJ: Who, stuck breaks, sounds scary. Glad nothing worse happened.

Yeah Odin it's very scary..I'm glad too!!!

Metalmaiden

• Gast
« Antwort #191 am: Juli 01, 2005, 02:42:11 Nachmittag »
... when i suspect or understand that someone's intentions are bad i make it clear to them that i understand what's going on and i stop being a nice guy.I even come forward and confront them so i can clear things out. And then i turn my back on them (not to make it easier for them to stab the knife of course :wink: ) but meaning that they stop to exist for me.I don't give the benefit of the doubt to anyone who tries to use me. I'm a bit radical on this one..everybody's guilty unless proved otherwise and not vice versa. Though this may sound like overreacting, it's my way of protecting myself.  Plus i have the talent of knowing from the first sight what a person is all about.No kidding, i have great instincts regarding people.And it helps a lot.

I have to agree with you on this one in regard to myself. Even though I am the eternal optimist, and I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but I trust no one unless they prove themselves to me. And while I am one to always give and share I always assume that others have some ulterior motive for what they are doing.  Most times I find people are only out for personal  gain.  I do have a sense about people and don't expose myself to those with negative energy. Life's too short  to waste on that.

As far as the glass...I tend to be concrete in my observations but my feelings take sides.
I mean --The glass IS both half full and half empty but I SEE it as, or perhaps BELIEVE it  to be, half full.
And I think what we are talking about here is not the reality but our perceptions.

dorian jane

• Gast
« Antwort #192 am: Juli 01, 2005, 02:52:41 Nachmittag »
Zitat von: "Metalmaiden"
... when i suspect or understand that someone's intentions are bad i make it clear to them that i understand what's going on and i stop being a nice guy.I even come forward and confront them so i can clear things out. And then i turn my back on them (not to make it easier for them to stab the knife of course :wink: ) but meaning that they stop to exist for me.I don't give the benefit of the doubt to anyone who tries to use me. I'm a bit radical on this one..everybody's guilty unless proved otherwise and not vice versa. Though this may sound like overreacting, it's my way of protecting myself.  Plus i have the talent of knowing from the first sight what a person is all about.No kidding, i have great instincts regarding people.And it helps a lot.

I have to agree with you on this one in regard to myself. Even though I am the eternal optimist, and I always give people the benefit of the doubt, but I trust no one unless they prove themselves to me. And while I am one to always give and share I always assume that others have some ulterior motive for what they are doing.  Most times I find people are only out for personal  gain.  I do have a sense about people and don't expose myself to those with negative energy. Life's too short  to waste on that.

It's full of hungry beasts out there isn't it? I too always give and share... knowing that others won't do the same.I don't expect them to do so (though it's always nice to find one that does).
But that's also a way of sorting out the ones with good will from the rest.
 Life's indeed too short to waste on them!!!

This Dying Soul

• Gast
« Antwort #193 am: Juli 02, 2005, 02:48:23 Vormittag »
wel it is once again that time of the month for every one to check in and let us all know how you are doing...

well things are crazy here atm.. havent had time to come to the boards much this last month to even read what i was missing,,,,

things here have been real busy. lots of work. lots of drama and I am finding who to deal with and who not to deal with.. i have found that dealing with wholesale people just means your getting ripped off. one of them even actually ripped me off for 1563 dollars worth of merchandise.. I paid for it and never got the antennas.. plus he ripped off the man who makes the antennas he distributes..

i have become the only Authorised Dealer in the State of Oklahoma to sell Predator 10-K antennas, which is a big honor for me. i have expanded my sales as well as I am in plans on an actual shop now instead of just working out of a commercial step van in a truck stop parking lot.. things are mad crazy atm...

things between me and my sweetie (most know who I am talking about) are starting to look up again.. hopefully we will be able to make something concrete as far as a move here for her in the near future.. we will see. my fingers are crossed in the mean time.. and I am getting my son for a few weeks in august... also have been racing alot.. man life is so busy.. no time for much these days... working long hours and all.. well hope to hear from you all and hope that your lifes are going well for you as well.. take care and much love to every one on the boards.....

stay true \m/

Cecilia

• Gast
« Antwort #194 am: Juli 02, 2005, 02:57:43 Vormittag »
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been posting much. I've been lurking though.

The past few weeks have been really hard on me.

My job has been cutting my hours, switching my schedule. I've explained that I need the money for college tuition and books (can't believe I start school again next month), but nothing has happened, so I've decided to start to look for a new job.

I'm also trying to move out. Either with my love or to be atleast closer and crash at my best friend's house. But, it's hard because a lot has been going on in my family life.

On Father's Day, my Aunt announced that my 17 year old cousin is pregnant and to be married on July 6th. The other day we found out that she is not pregnant, but is still getting married. There is a lot of drama in that family that I will not get into.

On Father's Day I also found out that my 27 year old cousin is HIV positive. He knew from 2001 and didn't tell anyone but one of my older sisters. He was off his medication for 6 months and looked deathy ill on Father's Day. Right now he's getting theorapy and is getting blood work done to see if he has AIDS. This is very sad for all of us...

But, on Father's Day, I also found out that I have a new baby boy cousin in Ecuador (where I'm from), and one of my pregnant cousins is going to have a baby boy. We're very excited about that.

On another plus, my parent's 32nd wedding anniversary was yesterday, and they're in Mexico for another few days. It's nice to have the house a little more quieter.

A lot has been flying through my head, and I've basically been out of it. My love has noticed, my coworkers have noticed and my family has noticed.

Hope that things look up soon.