Autor Thema: MITHOTYN, 10 years dead  (Gelesen 8991 mal)

Stefan W

• Gast
MITHOTYN, 10 years dead
« am: April 10, 2009, 11:56:01 Vormittag »
A certain Mithotyn fan who roam this forum bought one of my guitars the other day. Since he wanted it signed I took the opportunity to immortalize the meeting of the old Mithotyn members.

This month it is exactly 10 years ago Falconer was born and I started on the song Mindtraveller.
From the beginning I thought about calling the band Mithril just to still hang on to Mithotyn a bit, but eventually I realized that is was just too nerdy to name the band after a Tolkien character.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]

RedFox742

• Gast
Re: MITHOTYN, 10 years dead
« Antwort #1 am: April 10, 2009, 05:28:59 Nachmittag »
As one who really can't stand harsh and death-grunt vocals (and one who absolutely loves Falconer!), it's a bit of a celebration day for me, the day the spark of inspiration for a "clean-vocal Mithotyn" began. Also, "Falconer" is, and always has been, a beautiful band name. :-)

10 years of Mindtraveller! Teach us secret holy spells!

AngelOfMusic

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: April 10, 2009, 05:59:28 Nachmittag »
Stefan, that is awesome. :D

And many people still enjoy Mithotyn, despite the fact that the band is long gone (by). ;)

Jophelerx

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: April 10, 2009, 07:04:09 Nachmittag »
Mithril isn't a character, it's a metal, but yeah...Falconer rocks.  Ten years of this phenomenon is quite a feat in my book.
To ten more years of Falconer!

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: April 10, 2009, 10:52:47 Nachmittag »
Hehe, that photo is nothing less than epic! You look ever so metal!
Just yesterday, my cousin and I were watching a football game and singing watchmen of the wild as the goals were scored. The legacy lives on! And we agreed on how we still want a melodic version of wisdom  ;D

cuauhtle

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: April 11, 2009, 12:18:40 Vormittag »
Wow, just wow!! Instant archived :)
I am also glad that a Mithotyn fan bought the guitar.

jakob_hasse

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: April 11, 2009, 12:28:48 Vormittag »
I hardly see any difference at all:

:D

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: April 11, 2009, 02:35:05 Nachmittag »

Hey Stefan!

Great picture of you guys! I discovered Mithotyn shortly after I listened to Falconer for the first time (some six or seven years ago)! Although I prefer Falconer, I still had a lot of good times listening to Mithotyn! I definitely like the songs!
Cool to see, that you guys had a meeting! :)

All the best and greetings from Vienna
Greetz
Prab

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: April 12, 2009, 08:33:47 Nachmittag »
Nice pic! I archived it as well.  :D

So, when I have the opportunity of a Mithotyn topic.  ;D My latest tattoo, done early 2008.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]

cuauhtle

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: April 13, 2009, 02:11:17 Vormittag »
Nice pic! I archived it as well.  :D

So, when I have the opportunity of a Mithotyn topic.  ;D My latest tattoo, done early 2008.

Then I will proceed. This is a fan work for the logo I have made loooong time ago. It is not the best thing  but I enjoyed making that. :)

But tirlith, seriously you are the biggest Mithotyn fan I have ever seen. I still remember your amazing archive.

anwynn

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: April 14, 2009, 09:33:23 Nachmittag »
Already 10 years that Falconer was born and Mithotyn dead... but past still lives on  ;)

I started with Mithotyn some years ago (the band was already dead and i didn't know that at this moment) and have every album, two of them dedicated 2 years ago in Wacken ;) and I discovered years after I think in 2004 or 2005 Falconer and it was the revelation !! for me the best band I ever heard ! really that's the truth... the emotions stay always the same...

Falconer is catchy melodies and a melodic voice, the perfect mix, the best band !
feelings are too strong to exactly tell what I feel for the falconer music, but I hope you will follow what I want to say !

tirlith

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: Mai 07, 2009, 01:11:24 Vormittag »
I just noticed that the melody in Lost in the Mist with Mithotyn, from the In the Sign of the Ravens album, remindes a bit too much of a song with the swedish band Råg i Ryggen. The song is namned Fix 2, and I wonder if you Stefan ever thought about that? I read in the album booklet that Karl was the one who "wrote" the music to that one. Or is it taken from som old song that I don't know about?

Sol

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: Mai 07, 2009, 06:13:30 Nachmittag »
Well, I am not very fan of Mithotyne, I prefer Falconer more, you know...
But still it was really epic  :coolgr:

And the pics are soo... I would say "nostalgic" )

Horus-Nikopol

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: Mai 08, 2009, 11:18:02 Vormittag »
Wow, 10 years of Falconer. Time really flies. I like Falconer's style a LOT more than Mithotyn, but i definitely dig some of their songs. "Hail Me" is da bomb!  :bangersmiley:

Prab

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: Mai 08, 2009, 11:29:32 Vormittag »
Hey, good to see you're back Birdie :D
Welcome back! :bangersmiley: